Sunday 31 January 2016

Australia Day - 30/1/16

We decided to celebrate Australia Day on Saturday the 30th as for some reason the Swedes don't have the 26th off for Australia Day (weird huh?)

Since we had the only backyard, we invited over all of the other expat families for the day - A total of 19 people: 8 adults, 6 teenagers and 5 kids.

It was definitely nothing like Australia Day back home - it was overcast, rainy and about 5-6 degrees C.

But you can't do a half-job of Australia Day when you're representing the country, so I wore my bogan $2 shop Australia thongs, daggy shorts, Adelaide Fringe Shirt and my Driza-bone acubra.  I also had my BBQ, rugby ball and bourbon and coke.
 
Me getting ready

Cameron got outside for a quick game of cricket, even making some stumps out of the bin using duct-tape.

Kristine had made a bunch of sausages and bought some hamburger patties and bacon and the other families bought salads, desserts, chicken wings, drinks and snacks.


Cooking the BBQ

Kris stayed inside where it was nice and warm and got some good shots through the window:
Cooking
We decided to go with the traditional Aussie BBQ and set everything on fire.  Although after drinking a decent amount of bourbon I was not terribly concerned with the flames..

At least it kept us warm

No panic


Save the meat!
And in true Aussie Day fashion as soon as everyone left I fell asleep on the couch:

I'm under there somewhere

Sunday was a quiet day - we watched Indiana Jones with the kids and pottered around aimlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment