Friday 20 November 2015

Dwarfism, Wedding Dresses and midwifes, oh my!

We've had a few slow days, I've been at work and Kris and the kids have had a few quiet days at home to recover.

So, with quiet days comes that old friend, television. We've managed to find a few channels that are all in English with Swedish subtitles, but there seems to be only 5 shows on loop. TLC has about 4 different reality TV shows focussing on people with dwarfism:
My little family,
Little people, big world - about a family who host weddings at their farm,
Seven Little Johnsons,
and one more which I cant remember.

We then have "Say yes to the dress" a show about an expensive wedding dress boutique that 'victims' go to, to be fitted with 'the perfect dress that speaks to you' and to drain their parents life savings.

Variety is provided by "One born every minute" about young, obnoxious Poms having babies. There's an occasional different show to break things up, in case you're fed up with reality TV - more reality TV. I've seen more episodes of South African Master Chef that I ever wanted to and now that's finished, we have New Zealand Master Chef.

By the way, I do think the head chef from SA Master Chef looks like an old Bill Bailey:


So in summary after watching a week of Swedish TV, I've come to the conclusion that Swedes are obsessed with dwarfism, wedding dresses and South Africans...

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh South African Masterchef!! I'm so jealous. All we get on FOXTEL is UK Masterchef. I'm glad you are teaching the kids well - how to accept people with dwarfism, how to give birth and how to buy expensive wedding dresses. Some life leasons that all kids need to know.

    ReplyDelete